Saturday, March 8, 2008

She is finally here!!!


Well, after a long night and day in the hospital, my sister Meredith delivered Sydney Claire Olvera at 8:31 pm last night. She was 7 lbs, 15 oz and 19 1/4 inches long. Yesterday, I started my first blog to help occupy my time. I was on pins and needles all day. Friday night, I even had a dream that there was such a thing as a "pregnancy suit". Mere would wear it for awhile and when she got tired of the labor, I would put it on! I even dreamed that Mere's water broke while I was wearing it, so I gave it back to her and told her that she could take it from here! I called Mere to tell her the next day (while she WAS in labor) and she really wished that were possible. I think I just wanted to help her out in some way. I have to say, that when your baby sister has a baby of her own, it can make you feel really old. I am so proud of her and Alex for getting through the labor and delivery part. Now for the biggest journey of all...parenthood! It is so wonderful and I am excited to see them grow as parents. Sydney Claire is already loved by so many people and I can't wait to finally hold her next weekend. I am going to fly down by myself to Texas so I can have a little one on one time with my newest niece. Hopefully, I can help out a little while I'm there.

No comments: